Many gamers prefer using a PlayStation 3 (PS3) controller for gaming on their Android devices due to its ergonomic design and familiarity. However, using a PS3 controller on an Android device requires the device to be rooted. Rooting provides users with administrative privileges, allowing them to customize and modify their device’s software. In this tutorial, we will guide you through the steps to use a PS3 controller on your rooted Android device.
Step 1: Connect your PS3 controller to your Android device using a USB cable.
Step 2: On your Android device, go to the Google Play Store and download the "Sixaxis Controller" app.
Step 3: Install the Sixaxis Compatibility Checker app from the Google Play Store to ensure your device is compatible with the Sixaxis Controller app.
Step 4: Launch the Sixaxis Controller app and tap on the "Check Now" button to verify if your device is rooted.
Step 5: Once your device is confirmed to be rooted, follow the on-screen instructions to pair your PS3 controller with your Android device.
Step 6: After successful pairing, you can now use your PS3 controller to play games on your Android device. The Sixaxis Controller app provides various settings to customize the controller’s input.
Step 7: To ensure a seamless gaming experience, it is recommended to configure controller mapping settings within individual games to match the PS3 controller’s buttons.
|1. Enables the use of a comfortable and familiar PS3 controller for gaming on Android.||1. Device rooting is required, which may void warranty and have certain risks.|
|2. Provides customizable input settings to enhance gaming experience.||2. Compatibility issues may arise with certain Android devices and firmware versions.|
|3. Supports wireless connectivity between the PS3 controller and Android device using Bluetooth.||3. Some games may not have direct support for PS3 controller input and may require additional configuration.|
By following the steps outlined above, you can easily use a PS3 controller for gaming on your rooted Android device. Remember to exercise caution while rooting your device and ensure compatibility between the Sixaxis Controller app and your specific Android device. Enjoy an enhanced gaming experience with your favorite PS3 controller and your Android device!
Video Tutorial: Are PlayStation 3 controllers Bluetooth?
Can Android handle PS3 games?
Yes, it is possible for Android devices to handle PS3 games, but there are some crucial points to consider:
1. Emulation: Android devices are capable of running PS3 games through emulation, where software imitates the behavior of a different system. However, PS3 emulation on Android is still in its early stages, and it’s essential to have a powerful device to achieve satisfactory performance.
2. Requirements: To emulate PS3 games on an Android device, you will need a device with a high-performance processor, ample RAM, and a capable graphics processing unit (GPU). Not all Android devices will meet these requirements, so be sure to check the specifications of your device.
3. Compatibility: PS3 game compatibility can vary widely when it comes to emulation on Android. Some games may work flawlessly, some may have minor glitches or performance issues, while others may not run at all. It’s crucial to research and consult online communities or forums dedicated to PS3 emulation on Android to get detailed information about game compatibility.
4. Software: In order to emulate PS3 games on Android, you will need to use specific software designed for PS3 emulation. One popular option is RPCS3, which is primarily developed for Windows and Linux platforms. However, there might be unofficial or experimental Android ports available as well. It’s important to choose a reliable and reputable source for software downloads to ensure safety and performance.
5. Legal considerations: It’s important to note that piracy is illegal, and playing commercial PS3 games on Android without owning an original copy is a violation of copyright laws. Emulation itself is a legal gray area and can be used for legitimate purposes such as playing homebrew or indie games. However, using emulation to play copyrighted games requires owning the original game to stay within legal boundaries.
In conclusion, while it is technically possible to run PS3 games on an Android device through emulation, the success and performance will depend on various factors such as device specifications, game compatibility, and legal considerations. It’s crucial to research thoroughly, follow legal guidelines, and ensure your device can handle the emulation process before attempting to play PS3 games on Android.
Does PS3 Dualshock 3 have Bluetooth?
Yes, the PS3 Dualshock 3 controller does have Bluetooth connectivity. Here are the steps to connect it to a Bluetooth-enabled device:
1. Ensure that the Bluetooth feature is activated on the device you want to connect the Dualshock 3 controller to.
2. On the Dualshock 3 controller, press and hold the PlayStation and the "PS" button simultaneously until the controller’s LED lights start flashing rapidly.
3. On your Bluetooth-enabled device, go to the Bluetooth settings and search for available devices.
4. Select the Dualshock 3 controller from the list of discovered devices.
5. Once the connection is established, the LED lights on the controller will stop flashing and remain lit, indicating a successful Bluetooth pairing.
Please note that the specific steps may vary slightly depending on the device and operating system you are using. It’s always a good idea to consult the instruction manual or support documentation provided by the manufacturer for more accurate and device-specific instructions.
Why wont my PS3 controller connect to Bluetooth?
There could be several reasons why your PS3 controller is not connecting to Bluetooth. Here are some steps you can try to troubleshoot the issue:
1. Check compatibility: Ensure that your PS3 controller is indeed Bluetooth compatible. Not all PS3 controllers have built-in Bluetooth capabilities, so make sure you have a compatible model.
2. Charge the controller: Ensure that your PS3 controller has enough battery. A low battery can sometimes cause connectivity issues. Connect the controller to the PS3 console using a USB cable to charge it.
3. Reset the controller: Resetting the controller can sometimes help resolve connectivity problems. Look for the small reset button (typically located on the back of the controller) and press it using a paperclip or a similar small object. After resetting, try connecting the controller to Bluetooth again.
4. Check Bluetooth settings: On your device that you’re trying to connect the controller to, make sure that Bluetooth is turned on and in pairing mode. Refer to the Bluetooth settings on your specific device to ensure you’re following the correct procedure.
5. Remove existing connections: If your PS3 controller was connected to another device previously, make sure to disconnect it from any other device before attempting to connect it to a new device. Multiple device connections can cause conflicts.
6. PS3 system updates: Ensure that your PS3 system is running the latest firmware. Updates may include bug fixes and improved compatibility with Bluetooth devices. Check for system updates in the settings menu of your PS3.
7. Controller driver updates: If you’re trying to connect the PS3 controller to a device other than the PS3 console, it’s possible that you may need to install specific drivers or updates to ensure compatibility. Visit the manufacturer’s website or the official support page for your device to see if there are any required updates or drivers available.
8. Test with another device: Try connecting the PS3 controller to a different device with Bluetooth capabilities. This can help determine if the issue is specific to your current device or if there’s a problem with the controller itself.
If none of these steps resolve the issue, it’s recommended to reach out to the official customer support channels for further assistance.
How to play games on Android with PS3 controller?
To play games on Android with a PS3 controller, you can follow these steps:
1. Ensure that your Android device supports OTG (On-The-Go) functionality. This feature allows you to connect external USB devices to your Android device.
2. Purchase an OTG cable or adapter that will enable you to connect the PS3 controller to your Android device. Make sure to get the correct cable that corresponds to the USB port of your Android device.
3. Connect the OTG cable to your Android device’s charging port.
4. Plug the USB end of the PS3 controller cable into the OTG adapter.
5. Once the PS3 controller is connected to your Android device, go to the Google Play Store and search for a compatible app that allows you to map the PS3 controller buttons to game controls. Some popular options include Sixaxis Controller or DroidJoy.
6. Install the selected app and open it. Follow the app’s instructions to pair the PS3 controller with your Android device.
7. Once the pairing is successful, you can launch your desired game on your Android device. The app you installed will now act as a bridge between your PS3 controller and the game, translating the controller’s inputs to game controls.
8. Configure the controls within the game settings or the app you installed, depending on the instructions provided by the app or game.
9. Start playing your favorite games on your Android device using the PS3 controller. Enjoy the enhanced gaming experience that a physical gamepad provides.
Remember to refer to the specific instructions provided by the app you choose to use as different apps may have slight variations in their setup process.
What games can you play on Android with a PlayStation controller?
As a tech blogger, I can provide you with a list of games that can be played on Android smartphones using a PlayStation controller. Using a PlayStation controller with an Android device offers an enhanced gaming experience for those who prefer controllers over touch controls. Here are some popular games compatible with a PlayStation controller on Android:
1. Fortnite: This popular battle royale game supports the use of a PlayStation controller on Android devices. With the controller, you can have a more precise and immersive gameplay experience.
2. Minecraft: The mobile version of Minecraft is compatible with PlayStation controllers, allowing you to build, explore, and mine with better control using the controller’s buttons and analog sticks.
3. Call of Duty Mobile: This first-person shooter game also supports PlayStation controllers on Android. With the controller, you can have better accuracy and control during intense combat scenarios.
4. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas: This open-world action-adventure game has been optimized to work well with a PlayStation controller on Android. Enjoy the immersive world of GTA with enhanced controls.
5. Emulators: Android emulators, such as RetroArch, allow you to play a wide range of retro games from consoles like NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, and more. These emulators typically support PlayStation controllers for an authentic gaming experience.
6. Asphalt 9: Legends: This popular racing game supports PlayStation controllers on Android. Enjoy the thrill of high-speed races with the controller’s responsive buttons and analog stick.
7. Dead Trigger 2: If you’re a fan of zombie shooters, Dead Trigger 2 offers compatibility with PlayStation controllers on Android. Wade through hordes of undead with better precision using the controller.
8. PUBG Mobile: The mobile port of this popular battle royale game supports PlayStation controllers. With the controller, you can have more precise aiming and control during intense matches.
It’s important to note that game compatibility with controllers can vary, so it’s always advisable to check the game’s specifications on the Google Play Store or the developer’s website to ensure PlayStation controller support. Additionally, make sure your PlayStation controller is Bluetooth-enabled and compatible with your Android device before attempting to connect and use it for gaming.