Keeping apps hidden on your Android device can be useful for maintaining privacy or organizing your home screen. While some methods may require rooting your device, there are options available that allow you to hide apps without the need for advanced modifications. In this tutorial, we will guide you through the steps to hide apps on Android without rooting.
Step 1: Use a Built-in App Hider:
Many Android devices come with built-in features that allow you to hide apps. The steps for using this feature may vary depending on your device manufacturer and Android version. Here’s a general outline of the process:
– Go to your device’s Settings.
– Scroll down and find the "Apps" or "Applications" option.
– Tap on it and look for "App Drawer" or "App Hider."
– Select the apps you want to hide and choose the "Hide" or "Disable" option.
Step 2: Install a Third-Party Launcher:
Another way to hide apps on your Android device is by using a third-party launcher. These launchers provide additional customization options, including the ability to hide apps. Follow these steps to hide apps using a third-party launcher:
– Install a launcher from the Google Play Store, such as Nova Launcher, Apex Launcher, or Microsoft Launcher.
– Set the new launcher as your default home screen.
– Open the app drawer, long-press on the app you want to hide, and select the option to hide it.
– You can also customize the app drawer settings within the launcher to hide specific apps or create custom app categories.
Step 3: Use an App Locking App:
Some app locking apps, such as AppLock or Norton App Lock, offer the ability to hide apps in addition to their primary locking functionality. These apps allow you to set a password or PIN to access the hidden apps. Follow these steps to hide apps using an app locking app:
– Install an app locking app from the Google Play Store.
– Set up a password or PIN within the app.
– Select the apps you want to hide and choose the option to hide them.
– When you want to access the hidden apps, open the app locking app and enter the password or PIN.
|1. Maintains privacy by keeping apps hidden from prying eyes.||1. Some built-in app hiders may not be available on older Android versions or certain device models.|
|2. Provides an organized home screen by decluttering visible apps.||2. Third-party launchers may require additional customization and setup.|
|3. App locking apps offer an extra layer of security for hidden apps.||3. App updates or changes may affect the compatibility of third-party launchers or app locking apps.|
Video Tutorial:What do hidden apps look like on Android?
How do I hide apps without installing?
As a tech blogger, I can provide you with a professional point of view on how to hide apps without installing any additional software. Here are the steps you can follow:
1. Use built-in app hiding features: Check if your device’s operating system has a built-in feature to hide apps. For example, on an iPhone running iOS 14 or later, you can create app folders and move unwanted apps into those folders. This effectively hides them from the home screen. On Android devices, the process may vary depending on your device manufacturer, but you can try long-pressing the app icon and selecting "Remove" or "Hide" from the options that appear.
2. Disable app notifications: If you want to hide app notifications rather than the apps themselves, you can disable notifications for specific apps. Go to the device’s settings, find the "Notifications" or "App notifications" section, locate the app you want to hide notifications for, and disable all notifications or customize them according to your preference. This way, you won’t receive any alerts from those apps.
3. Restrict app access: Some operating systems offer the ability to restrict access to certain apps. For instance, on an iPhone, you can use the "Screen Time" feature to limit access to specific apps through its "App Limits" or "Always Allowed" settings. This way, you can effectively hide apps by preventing yourself or others from opening them without your passcode or authorization.
4. Use a secure folder or app lock feature: Some device manufacturers provide a native secure folder or app lock feature that allows you to hide apps behind a security measure like a PIN or fingerprint. This feature is typically found in the settings menu under "Privacy" or "Security." It enables you to move apps you want to hide into a separate, password-protected folder, which keeps them out of sight until unlocked.
Remember, the availability and exact steps may vary depending on your device’s operating system, version, and manufacturer. Keep in mind that hiding apps does not remove them from the device; they are merely concealed from the home screen.
How do I show invisible apps?
To reveal hidden or invisible apps on your iPhone running iOS 16, follow these steps:
1. Swipe down from the top-right corner of the screen to open the Control Center.
2. Tap and hold the network settings card (Wi-Fi, cellular, or airplane mode) until you see additional options.
3. Tap on the "App Library" option. This will take you to a screen displaying all your installed apps.
4. Scroll through the apps list or use the search bar at the top to find the hidden app you want to unhide.
5. Once you locate the hidden app, tap and hold on its icon.
6. A contextual menu will appear. Select "Add to Home Screen."
7. The app will now appear on your home screen, making it visible and easily accessible.
By following these steps, you can conveniently unhide any previously hidden app on your iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro, or iPhone 14 Plus running iOS 16.
How do I secretly hide apps on Android?
As a tech blogger, I can provide you with some methods to secretly hide apps on Android without explicitly mentioning that I am an technical blogger.
1. Use an app hider: There are several third-party app hider apps available on the Google Play Store that allow you to hide apps. These apps create a secure space within your device where you can move and hide the apps you want to keep secret. Some popular app hider options include Nova Launcher Prime, Apex Launcher, and Parallel Space.
2. Disable app notifications: Another way to hide apps without using third-party apps is to disable their notifications. By turning off app notifications, the app won’t appear on your lock screen or show any notification banners or sounds. To do this, go to "Settings," select "Apps & Notifications," and choose the specific app you want to hide. Then, disable the option to show notifications.
3. Use a secure folder: Some Android devices, such as Samsung Galaxy phones, come with a built-in feature called "Secure Folder." This feature allows you to create a private folder where you can hide apps, photos, and files. To access this feature, go to "Settings," search for "Secure Folder," set it up, and move the apps you want to hide into the folder.
4. Create a hidden folder: If your device doesn’t have a built-in feature like Secure Folder, you can manually create a hidden folder to hide your apps. You can use a file manager app to create a new folder and add a dot (.) before its name, making it a hidden folder. Move the apps you want to hide into this folder, and they won’t be visible in the app drawer.
5. Use a launcher with app hiding capabilities: Some third-party launchers offer an option to hide apps directly from the home screen. These launchers provide additional customization options and let you hide apps by long-pressing their icons and selecting the appropriate menu options. Examples of such launchers include Nova Launcher and Action Launcher.
Remember, it’s important to use these methods responsibly and respect the privacy of others.
How do I manually hide apps?
As a tech blogger, I’d be happy to provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to manually hide apps on your iPhone. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Unlock your iPhone and go to the home screen.
2. Locate the app you want to hide. Press and hold the app icon until it starts shaking.
3. Look for an "X" button appearing on the top-left corner of the app icon. Tap on the "X" button to delete the app.
4. A confirmation message will appear, asking if you want to delete the app. Select "Delete" to remove the app from your iPhone’s home screen.
5. After deleting the app, it will no longer be visible on the home screen, but it’s important to note that it hasn’t been completely removed from your device. It’s only hidden.
6. To access your hidden apps, swipe left from your home screen to open the App Library.
7. In the App Library, you will find categorized folders for your apps. Scroll through them or use the search bar at the top to find the hidden app you want.
8. Once you locate the hidden app, tap on it to open it. The app will reappear on your home screen, and you can use it as usual.
By following these steps, you can manually hide apps on your iPhone without the need for third-party apps or specialized settings. This method is available on iPhones running the latest iOS 16 version.
Remember that hiding an app doesn’t protect its data or prevent it from being accessed through other means like Siri suggestions or the Settings menu. If you want to ensure greater security or limit access to specific apps, you may consider additional measures like utilizing parental control settings or using dedicated app-locking apps from the App Store.
I hope this guide helps you in manually hiding apps on your iPhone.
Is it possible to hide apps on Android?
Yes, it is possible to hide apps on Android devices. Here is a step-by-step guide on how you can do it:
1. Using the App Drawer: Many Android devices have the option to hide apps within the app drawer itself. Open the app drawer on your device, usually by tapping the app drawer icon (often a square or circle with dots). Then, look for the three-dot menu icon, a settings gear, or an option like "Home screen settings" or "Drawer settings." Tap on it and check if there is a "Hide apps" or "Hidden apps" option. From there, you can select the apps you want to hide.
2. Using App Settings: Some Android devices allow you to hide apps from within their settings. Go to the Settings app on your device and look for an option like "Apps," "Applications," or "App Management." Tap on it and you should see a list of all installed apps. Find the app you want to hide, tap on it, and look for an option like "Disable," "Turn off," or "Hide." This will remove the app’s icon from the app drawer and prevent it from running.
3. Using Third-Party Launchers: If your device does not have built-in options to hide apps, you can install a third-party launcher from the Google Play Store that offers this functionality. Go to the Play Store, search for "launcher," and explore different launchers available. Once you find one that supports app hiding, install and set it as your default launcher. Then, follow the launcher’s instructions to hide specific apps.
Remember that the steps and options may vary slightly depending on your Android device’s manufacturer and the version of Android you are using. It’s always a good idea to check the device’s user manual or search online for specific instructions if you encounter any difficulties.
Which is the best app for hide apps?
When it comes to hiding apps on your smartphone, there are several options available. Here are a few of the best app hiding solutions:
1. Nova Launcher Prime: Nova Launcher Prime is a popular customization app for Android devices that offers a hidden app feature. You can easily hide apps from your app drawer, making them invisible to others who might use your phone. To hide an app, simply long-press on its icon, select "Edit," then check the box next to "Hide." Nova Launcher Prime is a paid app, but it offers a range of additional customization options beyond app hiding.
2. App Hider: App Hider is another popular app hiding solution available for Android. It allows you to create a secure space within your phone where you can hide and encrypt apps, ensuring that they remain hidden from prying eyes. The app requires a password or a fingerprint to access the hidden apps, providing an extra layer of security.
3. iOS 16 App Library: If you have an iPhone running iOS 14 or higher, you can take advantage of the App Library feature to organize and hide apps. To hide an app, simply long-press on its icon and choose "Remove App." This will remove the app from your home screen but keep it in the App Library. To access the hidden app, swipe left until you reach the App Library and search for the app’s name.
4. Third-Party App Lockers: Additionally, there are several third-party app lockers available for both Android and iOS devices that allow you to hide apps behind a password or fingerprint protection. These apps often offer additional features such as intruder detection, break-in alerts, and the ability to hide photos or videos.
Choosing the best app for hiding apps ultimately depends on your preferences and requirements. Consider factors such as ease of use, security features, compatibility with your device, and any additional customization options you may need.