Forwarding calls from one Android device to another can be a useful feature, especially if you have multiple devices or want to conveniently redirect calls to a different phone. Whether you want to ensure you never miss an important call or simplify managing your phone calls, call forwarding is a handy feature to have. In this tutorial, we will guide you through the steps to forward calls from one Android device to another.
Step 1: Open the Phone app on your Android device.
Step 2: Locate and tap the three-dot menu icon in the top-right corner of the screen.
Step 3: From the menu that appears, select "Settings."
Step 4: In the Settings menu, scroll down and tap on the "Calls" or "Phone" option.
Step 5: Look for the "Call forwarding" or "Call settings" option and tap on it.
Step 6: Depending on your device and Android version, you may find different call forwarding options. Select the option that suits your needs, such as "Forward when busy," "Forward when unanswered," or "Forward all calls."
Step 7: Enter the phone number of the Android device you want to forward your calls to, or select a contact from your address book.
Once you have completed these steps, your calls will be forwarded from your original Android device to the designated destination. Make sure the forwarding setup matches your preferences and requirements to ensure seamless call management.
|1. Convenient way to manage your calls and ensure you don’t miss important ones.
|1. May require additional charges depending on your mobile carrier’s policies.
|2. Allows you to redirect calls to a different device, so you can use the one most convenient for you at any given time.
|2. Call forwarding may cause delays or disruptions in call quality.
|3. Gives you flexibility in managing your calls, especially if you have multiple devices or need to use a different device temporarily.
|3. Call forwarding settings may vary depending on your Android device and version.
By following these simple steps, you can easily forward calls from one Android device to another, giving you the flexibility and convenience to manage your phone calls more efficiently. Whether you need to redirect calls to another device or simply want to ensure you never miss a call, call forwarding on Android offers a valuable solution. So, explore the call settings on your device and take advantage of this handy feature.
Video Tutorial: How do I forward my calls and texts to another number?
What does *# 21 do on Android?
On Android devices, dialing *#21# allows users to access the Call Forwarding settings menu. This feature is known as "Call Diverting" and can be useful in certain situations. Here are the steps that can be taken after dialing *#21# on an Android device:
1. Dial *#21# on your Android device’s dialer.
2. Press the Call button, and you will be directed to the Call Forwarding settings menu.
3. In the Call Forwarding settings, you can configure various options related to call diversion, such as forwarding calls to a different phone number or sending calls directly to voicemail.
Reasons for using *#21# on Android:
1. Checking Call Forwarding Status: You can use *#21# to check if Call Forwarding is active on your device and how the calls are being forwarded.
2. Enabling Call Forwarding: If Call Forwarding is disabled or you want to enable it, accessing the settings through *#21# allows you to set it up according to your needs.
3. Customizing Call Forwarding Options: Through the settings menu, you can choose to divert calls to a specified number, such as another phone or voicemail. This can be useful when you’re temporarily away, experiencing weak signal coverage, or want to redirect calls during specific time periods.
It’s important to note that the specific options and functionality available may vary depending on the Android device, as manufacturers may use different dial codes for accessing call forwarding settings.
What does *# 31 do on Android?
The code *#31# on Android devices is used to disable or enable the presentation of the caller ID for outgoing calls. When you dial *#31#, it allows you to toggle the caller ID settings for your phone. Here are the steps to use *#31# on an Android device:
1. Open the Phone app on your Android device.
2. Tap the dialer or keypad icon to enter the keypad screen.
3. Type *#31# on the keypad as if you were making a regular call.
4. As soon as you finish dialing the code, it will automatically execute without needing to press the call button.
5. After executing the code, you will see a notification or a pop-up message indicating the status of your caller ID presentation. It might show whether it’s disabled or enabled, depending on its previous state.
Using this code, you can easily manage the visibility of your caller ID while making outgoing calls. This can be useful in situations where you might want to temporarily disable your caller ID to maintain privacy or enable it to show your number to the recipient.
Can two cell phones receive the same incoming call?
Yes, two cell phones can receive the same incoming call. Here’s why:
1. Call forwarding: Most mobile service providers offer call forwarding options. This feature allows you to divert incoming calls from one device to another. By enabling call forwarding on both phones, you can ensure that calls made to a specific number will ring on both devices simultaneously.
2. SIM card cloning: Another way to receive the same incoming call on two cell phones is by cloning the SIM card. SIM card cloning creates an exact copy of the original SIM card, allowing both devices to use the same phone number and receive calls simultaneously. However, it’s worth noting that SIM card cloning may be prohibited or regulated in some jurisdictions, so it’s important to familiarize yourself with local laws and regulations.
3. Multi-device support: Certain mobile applications and services provide multi-device support, enabling you to sync calls across multiple devices linked to the same account. For example, apps like Google Voice and WhatsApp allow you to receive calls on different devices simultaneously, as long as your account is active on those devices.
4. Call forwarding apps: There are also third-party call forwarding apps available that allow you to manage incoming calls on multiple devices. These apps typically provide a virtual phone number, which can be configured to ring on multiple devices simultaneously. Popular examples include Google Voice, Sideline, and Line2.
By using call forwarding, SIM card cloning, multi-device support, or call forwarding apps, you can ensure that two cell phones receive the same incoming call.
How do I divert calls and texts to another number Android?
To divert calls and texts to another number on an Android device, you can follow these steps:
1. Open the Phone app on your Android device. It is usually represented by a phone icon on your home screen or in the app drawer.
2. Tap on the three-dot menu icon located at the top-right corner of the screen and select "Settings" or "Call settings" from the dropdown menu.
3. Look for the "Call forwarding" or "Call divert" option within the settings menu. The exact location may vary depending on the version of Android or the device manufacturer’s custom interface.
4. Tap on "Call forwarding" or "Call divert" to access the call forwarding settings.
5. Within the call forwarding settings, you may have different options depending on your device and carrier. Typically, the options are:
a. Voice Call: Divert voice calls to another number.
b. Video Call: Divert video calls to another number (if your device supports it).
c. Data Call: Divert data calls to another number (if your device supports it).
6. Select the appropriate option based on your requirement. If you only want to divert calls, choose the "Voice Call" option.
7. Enter the phone number you want to divert your calls and texts to. Make sure to input the complete number with the country code.
8. Once you have entered the number, tap on the "Enable" or "Turn On" button to activate call forwarding.
Please note that the names and locations of these options may vary slightly depending on the Android device model, manufacturer, and version of Android. If you can’t find the exact settings mentioned above, I recommend referring to your device’s user manual or contacting your network carrier for assistance.
Can I forward calls and text messages to another phone and get them on both phones?
Yes, you can forward calls and text messages to another phone and receive them on both phones. Here are the steps to set up call forwarding and message syncing on both Android and iOS devices:
1. Open the Phone app on the first phone (the one you want to forward calls from).
2. Tap on the three-dot menu icon or the Settings gear icon (depending on your device).
3. Select "Call settings" or "Settings" from the menu.
4. Look for the "Call forwarding" or "Call settings" option and tap on it.
5. Select the "Forward calls" or similar option.
6. Enter the phone number where you want to receive forwarded calls.
7. Enable call forwarding and save the settings.
For message syncing:
1. Install a messaging app that supports message syncing, such as Google Messages or Pulse SMS, on both phones.
2. Open the messaging app on the first phone and go to its settings.
3. Look for the option to enable message syncing or chat backup.
4. Enable message syncing and sign in with the same account you used on the second phone.
5. On the second phone, install the same messaging app and sign in with the same account.
6. Configure the app to sync messages from the account you’re signed in with.
1. Open the Settings app on the first iPhone (the one you want to forward calls from).
2. Tap on "Phone" or "Messages" (depending on what you want to forward).
3. Look for the "Call Forwarding" or "Text Message Forwarding" option and tap on it.
4. Enable the forwarding option and select the device you want to forward calls or messages to.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.
It’s important to note that call forwarding and message syncing may vary depending on your device model and operating system version. Additionally, forwarding calls and messages may be subject to carrier restrictions, so it’s advisable to check with your service provider if you encounter any issues.
By following these steps, you should be able to forward calls and sync messages to another phone and receive them on both devices.